21 February 2008

harassment

There are two useless person in this world who can make me stunned and remain motionless for a moment, or two. I saw one of them today.

I was a victim of sexual harassment during high school. He was my classmate. He talked about dirty things he watched in the xxx videos with my other classmates while his parent was away, making dirty sounds and showing 'gestures' to me. I can't afford to run away all the times because we were in the same class. He said my constant rejection turned him on (WHAT?). Until one day, I can't take it anymore. Really, I was a very decent girl back then, I AM too now. So I turned to the school counselor (yeah, as if you can call him that!).

The counselor ended up telling my story to his colleagues (wanna hear about interesting case i'm working on right now??) and worst, he told MY CLASSMATE about my report. This kind of news spread fast. Surprisingly, the maniac got all the support he needs. He was an athlete, the best football player, the charming class president, a cadet... and the list goes on. 

Suddenly, I was the bad one. Then, things got out of hand and I suffered a lot. The ex - head prefect (he graduated a year before) have to pick me up from my home, to go to the school and waited for me at the canteen in the afternoon, to send me back home - everyday - for a couple of weeks for safety purposes. And my class teacher gave me a week off, for me to relax at home and not to meet these guys. I blamed myself for telling the counselor and for not being patience with the harassment. Really, I didn't think SHARING THIS TYPE OF STORY with others, is the right thing to do (now you know why some victim choose to keep it for themselves).


I swear I will hate all counselors on earth from that moment. It was almost 12 years ago. And guess what, I still did. I can't tolerate any dirty talks and those who likes to discuss about dirty things. Or mention something dirty. Dirty jokes. Dirty everything.  

SHAME ON YOU, MR. COUNSELOR.

The best thing is, I survived. I am successful now.  and LOOK AT THEM.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

who is the other one?

Anonymous said...

who? who?

art said...

the other one is another idiot on earth.

Anonymous said...

I don't think he is a qualified counselor. He is not even close to counselor. I can't imagine how you went through this last time.